February 9, 2016

Looking back: Miss EOE Ghana 2012

In 2012 I made it to the Miss Essence of Ebony 2012 as Miss Ghana. Unfortunately I got sick and couldn't compete in the 2012 finals. I am still very proud to have made it that far and also about my styling looks and how I wanted the outfits to represent the country Ghana. I am originally Caribbean and didn't know much about Ghana. I took time and effort to collect all the information about that country to make sure I could represent the country and its people the right way, as every miss should :)

I am sad I couldn't push through it and make it to the finals, but also very happy that I learned new things and did the best I could with what I had. Now, after some years I decided to make my second outfit public because it was after all one of my styling looks that I am proud of. I auditioned with two looks, the first outfit was the one I presented on the runway and brought the title of Miss EOE Ghana 12 . Hopefully others will like this second outfit too:

                     

Outfit 2 Monthly audition EOE SueGeeli DeCuir:

Inspiration
The flag of Ghana

The flag was adopted after Ghana gained independence from the British and hence the use of the color red in the flag signifies the blood of the martyrs in the freedom struggle. Gold denotes the mineral wealth of the country and green is the symbol for its rich natural vegetation. The black star is said to symbolize the lodestar that was used in the freedom struggle.
To bring out these colors with a powerful meaning to all the people of Ghana I am wearing the amazing Serafina gown of Purple Moon. I used a color mix, from top to toe Serafine in ruby, gold and emerald. To resemble to Black star on the flag I used the hair adornment of Purple Moons Edelweiss in black, a gown specially desgned as the National Gown for Miss Germany, Leandra Breen. This I used to represent the lodestar, a relatively bright, easily found star that is used to find direction. To lead the way to inspiration and the right path. Accesories used are Finesmith Amor; e necklace, earings and bracelets. Je suis nails and Aleida's Malene pumps in mustard.

'God bless our homeland Ghana,
And make our nation great and strong,
Bold to defend for ever
The cause of Freedom and of Right'

No comments:

Post a Comment